Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Saturday 13 January 2018

13th Jan 2018: Woodcock and Willow Tit

John and I were out this morning. John was out before me and had 10 Lapwing fly over the reservoir. Whilst he was in the woodland searching through the tit flock a Woodcock flew in to the woodland. Further confirming my theory that he has some kind of magical ability to find birds, especially when I'm not there!

A bit later we found the Willow Tit in the wood, near the junction of the path by the railway and the path by the ditch. It actually sat preening and showed well for several minutes and called several times before flying further into the wood. Otherwise, it was pretty quiet with just a couple of Skylarks going over the only other bits of note.

No comments:

Post a Comment