Description

This is no Farmoor, Otmoor or Port Meadow. This is Grimsbury. It's Grim up north!

There is a running total year list in the link above.

Please send in your bird sightings to the B.O.S. and/or to me directly for inclusion on the blog. If you have some photos you would like to contribute please let me know (contact via the comments box on the right if you do not have my email already). Thank you.

Thursday 16 November 2017

16th Nov 2017

John: I have been visiting the reservoir fairly frequently on most weekdays, however it has unfortunately been extremely quiet and so far the site has failed to join the big Hawfinch bonanza of this autumn / winter so far. However we will persevere!

Yesterday I did finally come across something a little bit different when visiting before work, stumbling across a male Stonechat along the western side of the reservoir.




The Great Crested Grebe count was down to 4, while I came across the resident female Kestrel which has proved very approachable in recent days, often found sitting on the fence along the eastern side of the reservoir.



No comments:

Post a Comment